A member of the limestone family, classic Turkey travertine is particularly durable and suited to many outdoor applications. You usually have a choice of honed and filled or tumbled unfilled finishes.
Reasons to Choose
- It is an incredibly durable material and is perfect for use on driveways, as it can easily bear the weight of heavy vehicles.
- The stone is favoured because it is considered relatively low maintenance and possesses stain resistant properties.
- Many travertine suppliers recommend that stone, as it is not affected by the presence of extreme heat – even in fire pits.
- It can help your outdoor areas to feel much cooler during the summer, as the pavers will retain heat rather than emit it.
- The stone provides quite a good grip, which will help to lessen the chances of slipping or tripping around your home.
- Many people believe that travertine is quite an aesthetically pleasing material; it will complement any home.