Paving stones are perfect for a number of applications around the outdoor areas of your home, from patios and pathways through to driveways and swimming pool coping. Natural stone is a beautiful addition to any home and will really give your property a much needed facelift.
It is important to ensure that you have chosen the correct stone pavers for the application at hand, however, as this will ensure that the area is long lasting and damage free. Some stones are not suitable around swimming pools, for example, because they don’t provide a non-slip surface.
Stone Paver Types
There is a wide variety of stone types to choose from, including: sandstone, bluestone, granite and travertine. Each of these is beautiful in its own right and will complement your outdoor area with ease. You might like to choose a stone that has already been used inside your home.
Why Choose Outdoor Paving?
- Pavers rarely have to be cut and can be laid in either concrete or sand, which makes them incredibly easy to install
- Natural stone holds exceptional aesthetic appeal and is able to blend into whatever landscaping design you have chosen
- Paving stones are fairly durable materials and are not subjected to rot and weathering like other materials
- Because they are set low to the ground, outdoor paving offer a sense of space that makes your outdoor area feel much bigger
- It is incredibly easy to add pavers to your design at a later date; all you have to do is increase the size of the bed